The Daily Texture for 12/30/2015
Today's Daily Texture is all about the SUN, which we've seen so little of here lately during the early winter. I paired this texture with another photo of cute little Delta, a Chocolate Labrador Retriever puppy. On the day I was a photographing her, the sun was fleeting, only peeking out for small moments. I caught her as she turned upside down and she opened her paws as if to welcome it's warmth. I used this texture on top of her original photo, in two layers. One was a multiply layer at 100% with some of that layer masked off her face and belly. The second layer was a soft light one, also at 100% with some masked off her face and belly as well. This texture was the perfect choice to accentuate the glow she had on her sweet little nose. :)
Like this texture? Buy it here for only $2.50.
Commercial Use OK.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace