The Daily Texture for 12/28/2015
I had so much fun with yesterday's texture, I decided to make a second one in some different tones. I paired this one with a grizzly bear photo taken at the zoo. After masking away his background to reveal the texture underneath, I duplicated the texture layer and set it to multiply, which darkened things considerably. I liked the way it looked on the bottom, but masked away some of this layer on the top to keep the strong light on the bear.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!