The Daily Texture for 12/22/2015
If you have an image which is backlit and you want to keep that lighting in your final art, Today's Daily Texture will do just that! I paired it with this photograph of a deer who was in a field with backlighting. It blended perfectly in this scenario! I used the texture as a background, and also as a soft light layer on top at about 50% to enhance the glow already present in the original photo.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!