The Daily Texture for 12/17/2015
Today's Daily Texture is a cool, wintery one, with just a touch of warmth on the right side that can be enhanced when layering the texture on top in various layer modes. I used this texture with a nice shot of a bluebird I acquired last week. He sat in shadow in a tree right above me on a cloudy day. I had to raise up my exposure to capture his details, and in doing so, I totally blew out the sky, so it was bright white behind him. I decided he needed some color, and this texture was the perfect one to add in with him! I masked away his white background, revealing the texture underneath. Then I placed the texture on top, setting it to overlay layer mode at 100% to complete the image and give everything a nice glow.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace