The Daily Texture for 12/16/2015
You know that moment when the gray, dark, stormy clouds open up and that hint of blue sky appears once again? That's what Today's Daily Texture is all about! I used this texture with one of my buffalo photos taken at the local safari park. Despite the fact the bison had direct sunlight on him, this texture worked really well! I used the texture as a background, and as a multiply layer on top set to about 60%, with the left side and top side of that layer masked away to keep the light on the buffalo's face and back.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!