The Daily Texture for 12/02/2015
Today's Daily Texture is filled with the glorious colors you'll often find in opal gemstones. I paired it with one of my simple egret photos. The egret was photographed on a cloudy day and the sky was a solid gray, so I didn't have to do any masking away of the background. I simply placed the texture on top and set it to multiply at 100% and just masked a little of that layer off of the bird's whitest feathers. Then I duplicated the texture again and placed it on top, setting it to soft light at 100% to complete this image.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace