The Daily Texture for 12/01/2015
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is driving at night and seeing the welcoming glow of warm holiday lights in the distance. I've tried to replicate that with Today's Daily Texture. I paired this one with a photo of my boy, Max. He was standing in the yard on a day when it was snowing, but the background was a hideous view of a messy neighbor's property. I masked away his background, revealing this texture under him, to hide the neighbor's place. Then I duplicated the texture layer and placed it on top, setting it to soft light at about 30%. I then gave him more snow from the Winter 1 Texture Collection to complete the image.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace