The Daily Texture for 11/30/2015
Today's Daily Texture is filled with one of my favorite colors in the cool color family...a rich, deep teal blue/green. I've added a splash of browns just to keep things interesting. :) I used this texture with one of my songbird photos. The bird was perched on a blue grapevine wreath and the color of the wreath blended nicely with the texture. I used it as a background, and I resized it up just a little to place that brown splash where I wanted it in the final art. I also used it as a soft light layer on top at about 30% to allow the bird feathers to pick up some of the blue/green tones from the texture.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace