The Daily Texture for 11/11/2015
Sometimes, I like a texture which is more abstract in nature, such as Today's Daily Texture, Bronze and Blue. It makes things very interesting when paired with something soft, such as this group of vibrant blue Iris flowers. It takes the original image to a whole new artistic level with its unpredictable strokes and complimentary colors! I used the texture as a background and also as a soft light layer on top, set to about 50% to achieve this result.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!