The Daily Texture for 11/08/2015
Today's Daily Texture is a darker blue/gray one, with a glorious burst of autumn yellow in the form of a landscape and water reflection. I paired this texture with one of my bald eagle photos. After masking away the eagle's background and blending him with the texture underneath, I took the merged image into Corel Painter 16 and painted just the eagle, so he would have a painterly look to go along with the painted texture. Then I adjusted the colors, boosting the saturation and brightness just a little to expand the overall glow of the image.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace