The Daily Texture for 11/07/2015
Since so many of you have been enjoying the impressionist style free texture I released earlier this week, I decided to do another one, creating a garden like scene using impressionist brushes on top of my original chalk texture. I placed Miss Dixie Peaches in this makeshift garden, being careful to darken her on the bottom so she blended well with the texture underneath. And then I placed the texture on top, setting it to soft light at about 50% in order to enrich and brighten the colors a little more. Something was missing though...so I decided to add in one of my flying birds. I used a bluebird, so he could blend in with the blue of the sky in the background. The bird was a little too sharp, so I softened him up, to indicate he was not on the same plane as Dixie.
Like this texture/background?
Buy it here for only $2.50.
Commercial Use OK.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace