The Daily Texture for 11/03/2015
It's odd, the things that inspire me. From one day to the next, I never know what it will be that inspires the next texture. For this one, it was cupcakes. My daughter loves making them, and she made some red velvet cupcakes. Not only were they delicious, but so were the colors! So, Today's Daily Texture was inspired by them. :)
I paired the texture with a beautiful white horse I met recently. I think the red is a great contrast for her fur. I used the texture as a background, and then as a soft light layer on top at about 50%, with some of that layer masked off her face.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace