The Daily Texture for 10/09/2015
Today's Daily Texture is so versatile and can be used with a variety of subjects, both cool and warm toned. I used this texture with this Red Shouldered Hawk photo. Because the sky was a solid gray, I didn't have to do any masking away of the background behind the bird. I simply added the texture on top in multiply layer mode, and masked some of that layer off of the face and wings of the bird to maintain some brightness in those areas. Then I duplicated the texture layer again and placed it on top, setting it to soft light at about 65% to complete the image.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace