The Daily Texture for 10/08/2015
Today's Daily Texture has some deep, rich autumn red and brown tones, but is more neutral in nature, with the colors being subtle despite their depth. I paired this texture with one of my dog photos, which was taken on a gray, cloudy day and it worked very well, both as a background and as layers on top in multiply layer mode (30%) and soft light layer mode (50%). I'd love to see what you guys do with this one...be sure to share your creations on the Daily Texture Facebook page!
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!