The Daily Texture for 10/02/2015
Since the texture/background "On Top Of The World" has been so popular, I decided to create a similar one with some different color tones. Today's Daily Texture is "Woodbark Ridge", and it features more of the brown and golden tones. I used this texture with a Zebra photo taken at our local safari park. I masked away his background and placed him where I wanted, and I duplicated the texture layer several times, placing these duplicate layers on top in various layer modes and opacities to get this result.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!