The Daily Texture for 04/13/2016
Today's Daily Texture is filled with strong beach spring tones. It was the perfect match for this still life photo of a sea shell and starfish. I photographed the objects against a white background, and then masked away that background with the photo on top of the texture. Then I duplicated the texture and placed it on top, setting it to soft light at about 35%, which helped to infuse the color more into the objects and tie everything together nicely for this beach art.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!