The Daily Texture for 04/10/2016
Today's Daily Texture is a bold, abstract one, filled with luscious purples, lavenders, lilacs and a touch of gold and green. It was the perfect texture to blend with this photo of some wild wisteria I took a couple weeks ago. The photo as a whole wasn't that great, but this one section of flower was good. By blending in just that one section with this abstract spring texture, I was able to turn it into a full size work of art! I used the texture as a background, and also as a soft light layer on top at 100%. Then I added the words to the finished piece with one of my pencil brushes.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace