The Daily Texture for 04/04/2016
The Spring theme continues with Today's Daily Texture, Petals In The Air. I decided this texture would be a perfect way to tone down the busy background in this fun Cedar Waxwing photo, and bring the focus more onto the bird. So I used the texture as a background, being careful to leave a hint of the original background showing, especially around the bird to ground him. Then I duplicated the texture layer and after placing it on top, set it to multiply at 30%. I duplicated it again and set it to soft light at 100% to complete the image.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace