The Daily Texture for 02/25/2016
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am tired of winter! Today's Daily Texture is titled "Calling Spring", as that's what I'm doing. :) I paired it with this fun leaping bunny rabbit photo, and masked away his entire background so it appears as if he is leaping over this field of impressionist style flowers. Then I placed the texture on top as a soft light layer at 40% to boost the colors even more. To add more interest, I ran the bunny through a light Topaz Impression preset, which gave him a little more painterly look as well.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace