The Daily Texture for 02/22/2016
Today's Daily Texture gives you a fabulous beachy background to use for some of your favorite subjects! My original intent was to place one of my shore birds in this painterly ocean scene. As I was looking through my files, I found a photo of these two little Shih Tzu pups I shot last year. Here's the original photo:
I could just see these little cuties running "on the beach", so I decided to work them in with this texture. First, I masked away their background and leashes. I was able to get them blended easily with the texture background, but their color was off. I placed the texture on top as a separate layer, and set it to multiply at 25% and then added another layer of the texture on top, setting it to soft light at 50%. But, I still couldn't seem to get the dogs color adjusted to match correctly. Plus, they were a little bit noisy.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace