The Daily Texture for 02/10/2016
Time for something a little different! Today's Daily Texture is a painted "frame" with heavy brush strokes and soft ocean colors. I used this texture with a photo of a blue heron, both as a background and overlay. I also ran some Topaz Impression painting presets on the blue heron layer, in order to make the bird appear more painterly. After merging, I boosted the overall color saturation and sharpness to complete this beach-themed art.
Like this texture? Buy it here for only $2.50.
Commercial Use OK.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace