The Daily Texture for 02/04/2016
Today's Daily Texture, inspired by a blurry photo of a brick wall, is filled with deep, earthy tones, with a splash of brick red in the center. I paired this texture with one of my cardinal photos, as the color red matched his feathers very closely. First I used the texture as a background, and then placed it on top in soft light layer mode at about 55%, with the saturation on that layer reduced completely. I masked some of that layer off his face and chest in order to maintain the brightness in those areas from the original photo.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!