The Daily Texture for 02/01/2016
Today's Daily Texture is filled with neutral browns, and a splash of white along the bottom. I paired this texture with a photo I had of our of the eagles standing in a water puddle in the grass. First, I used the texture as a background, and then as a soft light layer on top set to 50% opacity. I then merged the layers and ran the image through some presets in Topaz Impression, giving the work a slight painterly look.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace