The Daily Texture for 01/26/2016
Ok, so Today's Daily Texture is pretty abstract. It's also filled with the beautiful colors of Spring! You may find it more challenging to work with, but, what fun is life without challenges? :) I paired it with a brilliant yellow goldfinch. The yellow on his head matched the yellow in some of the wild strokes, so I thought it might be fun. I have thousands of photos of these birds -- all taken in similar areas with similar lighting. This is where the fun of using textures come in...because that makes where the original photo was taken totally irrelevant. By using textures, each similar photo can now become a totally unique work of art, each different from the next!
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace