The Daily Texture for 01/21/2016
Today's Daily Texture is a bold mix of reds paired with winter blues. I used this fun texture with one of my cardinal photos. The poor little guy was missing his tail, and I thought he deserved to be showcased! I put him off to the left side, leaving empty space on the right for interest. I used the texture as a background, and also placed it on top in multiply layer mode at 20% just to tone down the brightness a little and to allow him to pick up some of the color from the texture.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!