The Daily Texture for 01/08/2016
Today's Daily Texture is a misty, winter one, perfect for adding to your subjects which require a softer, more subtle touch. I used this texture with the owl again, and this time, I was focused on hiding that squirrel she was holding on the branch and creating a totally different mood with the art. Instead of her appearing like the predator she is, I wanted her to appear sweet and soft. I placed her on top of the texture and blended that right area and bottom area away quite a bit, to bring the texture right over where the squirrel was. I also blended away some of her feathers on the right wing, up to about her neck, to make a smooth transition from top to bottom and to make it appear as if the "mist" was swirling around her body. Then I duplicated the texture and placed it on top, setting it to soft light layer mode at 100%.
Like this texture? Buy it here for only $2.50.
Commercial Use OK.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace