The Daily Texture for 01/06/2015
If you love beach tones, even in the winter, you'll enjoy Today's Daily Texture, Winter Morning At The Shore. I paired this texture with one of my Osprey photos. First I used Topaz Remask to remove the background from the original Osprey photo. This revealed the texture underneath. Then I added the texture again as a new layer on top, in soft light layer mode at an opacity of about 70%.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace