The Daily Texture for 01/04/2016
Today's Daily Texture is a luscious, dark blue/green, perfect for a variety of subjects or to blend with other textures and effects to add drama to your work. I used this texture as a multiply overlay for this eagle fishing photo, and masked some of the multiply layer off the bird's head, feet and fish in order to keep the strong splash on sunlight in those areas. I then merged the layers, and duplicated the merged one. To finish things out, I used Topaz Lens Effects on the duplicate layer, and chose a gold reflector filter for the right, masking all but a small strip of this layer away. This added just a tiny touch of gold from that upper right corner going toward the bird, to give the illusion of a fading sun at the end of the day.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Remask for Beginners by Topaz Labs
• Remask 4 Tutorial by Topaz Labs
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace