The Daily Texture for 10/06/2015
Today's Daily Texture is inspired by some beautiful red leaves I saw as the foliage starts to turn here in Tennessee. I paired it with one of my lovely male Cardinals. First I masked away his background, and then I duplicated the texture and placed it on top, setting it to soft light at only about 50%, as I wanted to keep the colors somewhat soft. After merging everything, I adjusted the overall contrast of the image just a little.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!