The Daily Texture for 01/27/2016
Isn't it funny how we wish for cooler days in summer, and in winter we wish for warmer ones? I was wishing for a warm summer day when I painted this fun texture! Filled with brilliant yellows, oranges and reds, along with some heavy brush strokes and deep texture, I hope you'll enjoy this abstract texture as much as I do! I paired it with a photo of a gorgeous bird I see every summer - The Summer Tanager. His red color was a perfect match for this one. I used the texture as a background and also as a soft light layer on top, set to 50% opacity.
The Daily Texture on Facebook
...and join the Daily Texture Mailing list.
You may find these two links useful:
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Helpful Links and Information
My completed art may be viewed in more detail and purchased online at JaiArt.Com.
I have found a number of great video tutorials over the years on working with masking, layers and working with textures in photography. These are some of the ones I've watched which I recommend:
• Blend Modes & Masking in Paint Shop Pro
• Photoshop Tutorial: Layers and Layer Masks for Beginners
• Layer Masking in Photoshop With Textures
• A Breakdown of Blending Modes | Photoshop Tutorial by Aaron Nace
Be sure to read My Workflow & Advice: Find a software & workflow which works for YOU!